Blaire K. Farine
Blaire Farine is an Associate Attorney at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
Mrs. Farine assists attorneys in client matters involving intellectual property, civil litigation, estate planning, and commercial transactions. She has assisted with every step of a trial, from pre-trial preparations to post-judgment collections. She also assists with entity formations and amendments, employee agreements, non-compete agreements, and most other business transactions. She assists with the filing, maintenance, and prosecution of both trademarks and patents. She is also a certified Mediator.
Blaire graduated from South Texas College of Law Houston in 2021 with her J.D. and earned her Biology degree from the University of Louisiana Lafayette. She has an extensive educational background in genetic research, biodiversity, and pre-medical studies.
While earning her J.D., Blaire worked as a law clerk at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, gaining experience in business, litigation and intellectual property. She also has professional experience in the biotechnology and medical field as a sales executive for a nationwide medical testing laboratory, specializing in PCR technology, and as a clinical engineer, specializing in a medical device for the treatment of epilepsy.
Blaire is based in the Houston office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC, and is licensed to practice in Texas, Colorado, and Wyoming (pending approval).
- Assists in representing clients in commercial lease disputes
- Develops and analyzes trust and estate documents
- Drafts general and specialized contractual agreements
- Assists with entity formation and governing documents
- Drafts employee agreements for employers
- Drafts motions and responses for summary judgment, dismissal, and protective orders
- Assists with all pre-trial filings, trial documents, and post-judgment filings, including collections
- Assists with temporary and permanent injunctions related to intellectual property infringement and business disparagement
- Assisted lead counsel in million-dollar judgment litigation relating to breach of contract
- Assists with representing clients in mediation and settlement negotiations
Intellectual Property Experience
- Prepared over 150 new trademarks to be filed with the USPTO
- Prepares complex responses to Examiner’s USPTO Trademark Office Actions
- Successfully revives and maintains abandoned trademarks
- Assists with foreign trademark application filings through the Madrid Protocol
- Assists with representing clients in disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Reviews patent Office Action responses before submission
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 2021
- B.S., Biology, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 2013
- Medical Diagnostic Laboratories: Senior Sales Executive
- Cyberonics: Clinical Engineer
- Featherwood Capital, LLC: Commercial Real Estate and LNG Consulting
- University of Louisiana Lafayette: Research Biologist
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Nancy F. Atlas IP Inn of Court Member
- Texas Bar Association