Brian T. Wittpenn
Brian T. Wittpenn is an experienced oil and gas and real estate attorney.
Brian renders title opinions, conducts due diligence during mergers and acquisitions, and works directly with landmen and brokers to keep the project on schedule. He also represents Title Insurance Companies with curing title issues using negotiation and litigation in order to obtain the quickest and most efficient results for his clients. Brian also assists major oil and gas drilling companies with filing liens and securing payment for unpaid services they have rendered.
Brian has been named Rising Star Super Lawyer in 2019, 2020, 2022, and 2023, a distinction awarded to less than 2.5% of practicing attorneys. He has also received Houstonia Magazine's Top Lawyer in Energy Award.
Brian is a member of the State Bar of Texas, including the Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Section and is based in the Houston office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2013
- M.A., Philosophy, University of Houston, 2010
- B.A., Philosophy and English, The University of Texas Arlington, 2007, Cum Laude
- Wheat & Wittpenn Law Firm: Partner
- Kuiper, Wheat & Associates: Senior Associate
- Jones Gill, LLP: Associate Attorney
- Sadler Law Firm, LLP: Attorney
Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Section