Clint J. Hays
Clint J. Hays is a Senior Attorney in the Oil & Gas Division with Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He has over seventeen years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, with a focus on complex title examination and oil and gas transactional matters. Clint has been Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2009.
After graduating from the Texas Tech School of Law in 2004, Clint began his career as a Petroleum Landman/Associate General Counsel for a land services company in Midland, TX, and has spent the last sixteen years as an attorney representing various exploration companies. He specializes in Texas title examination and has authored hundreds of title opinions covering all of the major producing areas in Texas, but also has a great deal of experience preparing title opinions on lands in New Mexico. Additionally, Clint is a licensed Texas Real Estate Broker and has experience practicing in the areas of Residential Real Estate law and HOA Management/delinquency.
Clint is licensed to practice law in both Texas and New Mexico. He is based in the San Antonio, Texas office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Political Science, The University of Texas at San Antonio, 1999
- Kuiper Law Firm, PLLC: Of Counsel Attorney
- Law Office of Clint J. Hays: Solo Attorney
- Burleson, LLP: Managing Counsel – Oil and Gas Title
- Allen & Associates, LLC: Associate Attorney
- Stubbeman, McRae, Sealy, Laughlin & Browder, Inc: Associate Attorney
- Choate Company, Inc.: Landman/Associate General Counsel
- American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen (SAAPL)
- Permian Basin Landmen’s Association (PBLA)
- Texas Bar Association
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- New Mexico Bar Association
- Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Section