Evan H. Block
Evan Block is a Senior Attorney with the Energy & Natural Resources practice group at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC, with 13 years of experience practicing transactional oil and gas law. His practice focuses on advising upstream energy companies on matters relating to title examination, offshore energy transactions, due diligence, acquisitions, and regulatory compliance.
He received his B.S. from the University of Texas at Austin and earned a law degree from South Texas College of Law. Following law school, Evan practiced criminal litigation for two years, then transitioned to practicing oil and gas law.
Evan is a member of the State Bars of Texas and West Virginia. He is based in the Houston office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
Admissions to Practice
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2006
- M.A., Communication Studies, San Diego State University, 2002
- B.S., Corporate Communication, University of Texas at Austin, 2000
- Kirby, Mathews & Walrath, PLLC: Senior Associate
- Gieger, Laborde & Laperouse, L.L.C.: Associate Attorney
- Bode & Werner, PLLC: Associate Attorney
- The Sadler Law Firm: Associate Attorney
- Midland and Fort Bend County District Attorney’s Office: Prosecutor
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of West Virginia