Jamison B. Walters
Jamison Bentley Walters is an Associate Attorney at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. Jamison’s practice focuses on Commercial Transactions & Litigation, Tax, and Asset Protection. Jamison has handled numerous commercial contract enforcement and collections cases, resulting in dozens of successful judgments, settlements, and awards. While working with H&R Block, Jamison advised hundreds of business clients on a wide array of tax matters and has represented his own clients in IRS controversy matters such as Audits, Offshore Voluntary Disclosures (OVDP), and Offers in Compromise. His experience in Tax and IRS controversy, contract disputes, and collections provides him with the ability to advise clients on asset protection strategies, entity formation, and wills and trusts.
Jamison graduated with his J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in 2015 and received his B.A. from the University of Central Florida in 2011. While pursuing his J.D., Jamison was a Senior Editor of the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal.
Jamison is licensed to practice law in Texas, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and the United States Tax Court. He is located in the Houston, Texas office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- Handled commercial contract enforcement cases resulting in numerous successful recoveries through writs of execution, garnishment, and negotiated settlements
- Represented clients in commercial lease disputes
- Drafted motions and responses for summary judgment, dismissal, and protective orders
- Defended clients before the IRS and to positive outcomes including: Installment Agreements, Audit Reconsiderations, Collection Due Process Hearings, Foreign Bank and Financial Account filings, and Lien Subordinations
- Developed and analyzed complex trust and estate documents, including interpretations of inter-vivos and testamentary trusts
- Analyzed and advised clients on Option Exchange Agreements, Non-Compete and Employee Contracts, and Consulting Agreements
- Represented clients pertaining to entity classifications before the IRS
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2015
- B.A., Political Science; International Relations and Comparative Politics, University of Central Florida, 2011
- Broemer & Associates, PLLC: Associate Attorney, Litigation & Commercial Transactions
- H&R Block: Attorney Tax Advisor, Business Division