Joshua D. Cochran
Josh Cochran is a Senior Attorney and Shareholder at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He has extensive experience in the energy industry, with a focus on assisting clients in all aspects of upstream oil and gas exploration and production activities.
He began his legal career in 2005 as a landman, and has spent the last 15+ years as an attorney representing E&P companies. He also represents a variety of clients ranging from land investors to retail store owners. His practice is focused on energy and real estate law, specializing in oil and gas title, curative efforts, and the preparation of instruments affecting surface, mineral, and developmental interests. He has drafted title opinions covering all areas of Texas, North Dakota and New Mexico , including drilling, division order, acquisition, supplemental, and letter opinions. He has also participated in numerous acquisitions and divestitures, conducting due diligence, and analyzing the properties and assets involved in such transactions.
Josh is licensed to practice law in Texas, North Dakota, and New Mexico. He is based in the Houston, Texas, office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, 2005
- B.S., Agribusiness/Agricultural Business Operations, Texas A&M University, 2002
- Drafting title opinions, conveyance documents, and curative instruments covering developmental prospects in Texas, North Dakota, and New Mexico
- Consulting clients on day-to-day issues, and the viability and risks associated with alternate strategies
- Collaborating with clients to formulate strategies and practical solutions focused on perpetuating and protecting developmental assets
- Heading up title examination on various acquisition projects, including the addition of lands to add export capabilities to an existing LNG terminal
- Advising operators on projects involving Federal lands, dealings with the Bureau of Land Management, enhanced flaring regulations, and interpretation of royalty provisions
- Liskow & Lewis: Of Counsel
- Jones Gill LLP: Contract Attorney
- Sadler Law Firm, LLP: Associate
- Burleson LLP: Associate
- Kilburn Law Firm: Associate
- Labanowski & Associates: Associate
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- State Bar of New Mexico
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Permian Basin Landmen's Association
- New Mexico Landmen's Association