Kyle is an attorney with 15+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry whose practice is primarily focused on complex mineral title examination and transactional representation.
After beginning his legal career as a prosecuting attorney in Austin, he entered the oil and gas industry in 2007 working as a landman and then a title attorney, issuing opinions in the Barnett Shale. While expanding his practice to include representing numerous landowners in the Eagle Ford shale in negotiating and enforcing oil and gas leases and surface use agreements, Kyle also represented several oil companies in a variety of transactional matters. Concurrent with his practice, Kyle additionally worked for several years as an adjunct professor teaching the mineral title component of the Petroleum Land Practices course at TCU’s Neeley School of Business. Kyle has issued hundreds of title opinions in North Dakota and in all regions of Texas and has additionally run title or assisted with various projects in New Mexico and Louisiana.
Kyle is licensed to practice in Texas and North Dakota and is based out of the Houston office of Kearney, McWilliams and Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., Texas A&M University School of Law, 2006
- B.S., Marketing, The University of Texas at Austin, 2000
- Bode & Werner, PLLC: Senior Associate Attorney
- Kuiper Law Firm, PLLC: Senior Associate Attorney
- Black Rock Energy, LLC: Managing Partner
- Noble Energy, Inc.: Senior Land Title Analyst
- Alexander Oil & Gas, LLP: Landman
- State Bar of Texas
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- State Bar of North Dakota
- Real Property & Probate Section
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation