Monica Garza-Hovel is an attorney at Kearney, McWilliams, and Davis, PLLC.
Ms. Garza-Hovel’s practice includes advising clients with matters involving intellectual property with a focus on trademarks, business formation and management, and commercial transactions.
Ms. Garza-Hovel attended the University of Houston Law Center and received her J.D. in Spring 2023. She earned her degree in Journalism from the University of Texas at Austin in Fall 2019, where she graduated early with high honors. While obtaining her Bachelor’s degree, Ms. Garza-Hovel interned with the Texas legislature during the 86th legislative session and produced multiple written publications. During law school, Ms. Garza-Hovel served as Chair of Diversity and Inclusion on the Student Bar Association where she organized events promoting diversity in the legal field. She was chosen from a large pool of applicants to be a member of The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Monica is based in the Houston office of Kearney, McWilliams, and Davis, PLLC.
Admission to Practice
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA): Legal Intern
- Vaco San Francisco LLP on site at Google: Crisis Detection Agent
- The Office of Senator Judith Zaffirini, Texas Senate District 21: Legislative Intern
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2023
- B.A., Journalism, The University of Texas at Austin, 2019
- UHLC Student Bar Association: Diversity and Inclusion Chair 2022-2023
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- UHLC Intellectual Property Student Organization