Robert W. Scales
Robert Scales is a Shareholder and Director in the Oil & Gas division with Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He has over nine years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, with a focus on title examination and oil and gas transactions.
Robert began his career as a Petroleum Landman and has spent the last seven years as an attorney representing various exploration companies. He specializes in Texas title examination, with a heavy focus on advising clients on curative and regulatory needs, and the preparation of instruments affecting surface, mineral, and operational interests. His experience as a Landman has helped him in facilitating productive relationships between operators and landowners. He has assisted in resolving title issues in New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Ohio, Texas and Wyoming.
Robert is licensed to practice law in Texas. He is based in the San Antonio, Texas office of Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., St. Mary's University School of Law, 2011
- B.S., Radio-Television-Film, The University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- Negotiation, Drafting and Closing of Purchase and Sale Agreement between Oil and Gas Operators
- Negotiation and Preparation of Water Use Agreements, Access Easements and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Negotiated Oil and Gas Leases and Surface Use Agreements on behalf of Landowners and Oil and Gas Operators
- Preparation of various legal documents, including Use and Possession Affidavits, Affidavits of Non-Production, Correction Warranty Deeds, Quit Claim Deeds, Release of Liens and Stipulations of Interest
- Alford & O’Brien, P.C.: Managing Attorney
- Allen & Associates, LLC: Associate Attorney
- C.W. Lake & Associates: Curative Landman
Admissions to Practice
- New Mexico
- U.S. Western District of Texas
- San Antonio Association of Professional Landmen
- Permian Basin Landmen's Association
- West Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- Young Professionals in Energy
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Natural Resources Section
- Texas Bar Association
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources Law Section