Scott C. Kearney
Scott Kearney is a founding Attorney and Managing Member at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He practices oil, gas, and energy law, estate planning, business law, and residential & commercial property law. His practice consists of advising an array of clients in the realm of property law; including, but not limited to, energy, exploration and production companies, start-ups and well-established companies, commercial and residential property buyers, sellers, and managers, and individuals or families seeking estate organization services.
Scott advises exploration and production companies on operations, title opinions, curative, joint exploration and development agreements, purchase contracts, and farmin-farmout agreements. He represents companies in oil and energy acquisitions, including due diligence in the purchase and sale of producing and non-producing oil and gas properties. In his individual capacity, Scott also serves as the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer of a small start-up company in Denver, Colorado.
Scott is licensed to practice law in Colorado. He is based in the Denver, Colorado office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law, 2011
- B.A., Economics, University of Colorado Boulder, 2008
- Sadler Law Firm, LLP: Junior Attorney, Rocky Mountain Region, Exploration Production, Drilling & Division Order Title Opinions, Chain of Title, Mergers & Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Operations, Regulatory Compliance, and Business Development
Admissions to Practice
- Colorado Bar Association
- Natural Resources & Energy Section
- Solo-Small Firm Practice Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Mineral Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- Denver Petroleum Club
- Marketing Committee Member