Simone L. Nisbett
Ms. Nisbett is an Attorney with Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
Ms. Nisbett practice includes advising clients with matters involving intellectual property, business formation, and business litigation.
Ms. Nisbett received her J.D in Spring 2023 from the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University. She earned her B.S. in Business Administration from Florida A&M University in 2018. During her undergraduate career, Ms. Nisbett served as the Finance Chair of the Student Government Association where she assisted with management of the University’s Student Activity Fee budget and drafted administrative and fiscal policy still in use today. Ms. Nisbett began her legal career thereafter managing the pro bono program at Legal Services of North Florida Inc. There, she focused on facilitating civil legal clinics and served the Florida Bar Foundation Guiding Coalition on Pro Bono Transformation by consulting on policy and program implementation. During her law school career, Ms. Nisbett was chosen to be a member of The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Today, in alignment with her avid hobbies of fiction writing and creating digital art, Ms. Nisbett focuses on matters related to business and entertainment, including trademark and copyright licensing of business and creative assets. In litigation, she primarily handles contract matters which have ranged from work-for-hire disputes to commercial construction.
Simone is based in the San Antonio office of Kearney, McWilliams, and Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University - 2023
- B.A., Business Administration - Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, 2018
- Robinson Law Group, PLLC: Drafting motions for summary judgment, abstracts of judgments and renewals.
- Legal Services of North Florida Inc: Drafting Last Wills and Testaments and Advanced Care Directives; Pro Bono Program Management; Pro Bono Program Policy Consulting
- Florida A&M University: Drafting University Administrative and Fiscal Policy
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association (HIPLA)
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Black Lawyers Association