William C. ‘Trey’ Yarbrough
William 'Trey' Yarbrough is a Shareholder and Director of Intellectual Property at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC. He is a USPTO Registered Patent Attorney and practices Intellectual Property Law with a focus on patent prosecution, patent litigation, and trademark registration. He studied Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Microbiology. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock in 1999 and his J.D. from Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California in 2005.
Trey advises clients regarding the identification, development, and protection of their intellectual property assets, including trade secrets, patents, and trademarks. He is also responsible for the patent portfolio direction and strategy for multiple large and multi-national clients, collaborating with foreign patent offices worldwide to effectively prosecute our client's patent interests in other jurisdictions.
Dr. Yarbrough has practiced Pharmacy for over 20 years and has held Pharmacy licenses in Arkansas, California, and Texas. Additionally, he served as an adjunct Pharmacy Law Professor for the University of Houston College of Pharmacy from 2011 to 2017, serving as course co-coordinator in 2017.
He is currently an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law - Houston, where he teaches trademarks and supervises students enrolled in the STCL Trademark Clinic of the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Pro Bono Law School Clinic Certification Program.
As a patent attorney, Trey has worked in such varied fields as:
- Aerosolized Disease Detection
- Cardiac Defibrillation
- Commercial Fishing Industries
- Computer Software
- Drug Development
- Electrochemical Desalination
- Fishing Lures
- Human Dietary Supplements
- Limb And Tissue Regeneration
- Mechanical Devices
- Medical Technology
- Oil And Gas
- Pain Management
- Recreational Terminal Tackle
- Surgical Suite Software
- Veterinary Dietary Supplements
- Voter Authentication Software
- Wind Turbine Technology
William Yarbrough is licensed to practice Pharmacy and Law in Texas before the Eastern District of Texas and the United States Patent and Trademark Office and is a member of the Houston Intellectual Property Association. William is based in the Houston, Texas, office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
- J.D., Santa Clara University, 2005
- Pharm.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 1999
- B.A., Mircobiology and Immunology, University of Arkansas, 1994
- Yarbrough Law Firm: Owner, Managing Attorney
- University of Houston College of Pharmacy: Co-Coordinator, Pharmacy Law Course
- Walgreens, Wal-mart: Pharmacist