Zachary A. Chapman
Zachary A. Chapman is a Senior Attorney at Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
He practices in oil & gas law, including drafting of title opinions and performing due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. Zach assists the Denver oil & gas team and reviews and edits title opinions and division of interest ownership reports. Zach also practices family law handling all types of matters related to Domestic Relations, Paternity, and Juvenile cases, as well as handling a Probate Docket to include Conservatorships, Guardianships, Contesting a Will, and both Formal and Informal Probate matters, including Estate Planning.
Prior to joining Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, Zach worked for a law firm in Cherry Creek, CO for over five years handling exclusively Family Law cases including Domestic Relations, Dissolution of Marriage, Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, Child Support, Paternity, and Juvenile cases, including dispute resolution.
Zachary A. Chapman became licensed to practice law in Colorado in 2011, obtaining his license in Nebraska shortly thereafter in 2012. Prior to becoming licensed, he earned his BA in Psychology and Political Science from the University of Colorado at Boulder, a school that he followed since attending their football games with his father at a young age. Following this, he pursued his legal education at the University of Wyoming College of Law, earning his Juris Doctorate in 2011. Zach has been named to the prestigious SuperLawyers Rising Stars list for six straight years, spanning from 2018 through 2024, as well as being rated 10 out of 10 on Avvo. He is based in the Denver, Colorado, office for Kearney, McWilliams & Davis, PLLC.
Representative Litigation & Transactions
- Dissolution of Marriages, with and without children
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities
- Modifications of Parenting Time and Decision-Making Authority, to include Relocation
- Child Support: establishment, modification, retroactive
- Juvenile matters, including grandparents’ rights and visitation
- Paternity matters for both Mothers and Fathers
- Contempt proceedings, handling both Plaintiff and Defendant claims
- Civil Temporary and Permanent Protection Orders, handling both Plaintiff and Defendant claims
- Negotiated numerous family settlement agreements for quick conflict resolution
- Mediations, Depositions, and settlement negotiations
- Small estates affidavits and affidavits of heirship
- Established Court-Appointed Conservators for individuals in need in both contested and uncontested matters
- Successfully removed ineffective Guardians and Conservators and replaced them with more appropriate candidates to better carry out the needs of the individuals
- Established Court-Appointed Guardians for individuals in need in both contested and uncontested matters
- J.D., University of Wyoming College of Law, 2011
- B.A., Psychology, Political Science, University of Colorado Boulder, 2008
- Johnson Sauer Legal Group: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation
- Johnson Marquez Legal Group: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation
- Modern Family Law: Associate Attorney, Domestic Relations, Child Support, Family Law, Juvenile, Paternity matters and Litigation